Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pregnancy Thus Far

I had a checkup today and realized I haven't really written much about my pregnancy. There hasn't been much to write about. So, at 25 weeks, this is how I feel:

AWESOME!

No, seriously! I feel very blessed to have been so healthy. Besides having my belly turn into a basketball (still in the process of inflating), my appetite increase, my 3 mile runs feel twice as long, and my dreams go on a psycho roller-coaster, I feel like my regular self. I visit the bathroom more often, I can't sleep as comfortably, and I catch myself getting more tired than usual if I'm up and about too long, but I feel like the changes are a cake walk compared to what most women deal with.

At my appointment today I measured exactly 25 centimeters (how cool is it that your belly measurement matches the number of weeks you are... I was pretty impressed with that little factoid), the baby's heartbeat was great and my blood-pressure and weight were great. I think I have been spoiled, but I'm certainly not complaining.

So far my favorite thing about being pregnant is feeling her move inside me. She is really gentle and never hurts me. I love the little reminders that she is really in there and that she's doing well. And what is my least favorite thing? Besides the nausea at the beginning of it all, just the sleep discomfort. What I am most excited for? Two things: First, watching this baby's daddy hold her and play with her and fall head over heels for her. Second, singing to her while rocking her to sleep. What I'm most nervous about? I know it is pathetic, but I'm still more nervous about getting an IV at the hospital than anything else. And the epidural shot. That's scary too. I wonder if it would just be better to go natural and avoid one more needle encounter... but I have a feeling I will be more than a little upset with myself during delivery if I go that route. In a few weeks I'll have my blood glucose test and maybe it will be a helpful step in getting over my needle issues.

And guess what? I still haven't taken a single prego-shot. I know some people that take one every week. I guess I should take at least a few pictures to document my growing mid-section, but it just seems awkward... "Hey honey, if I go get the camera will you take a picture of my stomach?" And thus, no fat pictures yet. But I'll try to remember to take one soon. (Ha, the baby just kicked! Yay! I love it!)

5 comments:

  1. Ah! How is exciting Cami! I'm so glad that you are healthy and feeling great. You guys are going to be such amazing parents. And I can't wait to see the fat pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Cami! I'm amazed you're still running! Way to go! Like Rach, I can't wait to see the prego pictures too. Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are going so well! I had really easy pregnancies, too (for the most part), which almost makes me feel guilty for not having more! I can't wait to see your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are staying active! It's so important to continue to be yourself. I just know birth will be a breeze for you! I hope to see you soon. You're so lovely!
    Love, Kara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cami, congratulations to you. I am excited for you and brett. I think looking back on it and now hearing the kids laugh and having fun with kyle is one of my favorite parts of the day. You'll do awesome

    ReplyDelete