Monday, October 15, 2012

Any Day Now...

I swear I have meant to blog in the last month, but our internet has been really faulty and each time I try to post pictures or even text it usually cuts out (so fingers crossed that this one makes it through!).

My mom text me last week saying that she, my sister, my grandma and my aunt were submitting a united request for a fat-belly picture. Its not that I'm against taking pregnant pictures, its just awkward...

"Hey Bret, will you come take a picture of my stomach?"

And then you have to try to figure out how to pose... do you try to look cute... or fat... or silly...

So that is why I have very few pictures that actually showcase my growing stomach. I kind of want to go take some nice ones (you know, where I actually do my hair and think about lighting and what not) but its kind of hard to be the model and the photographer at the same time. Hmmm... I guess we'll see how bored I get in the next week while waiting for this baby to come. In the meantime, here is my stomach:



We thought it would be funny to take a picture from the back, the front, and the side. 




The other day a lady told me I should really stop swallowing basketballs. I told her it was a nasty habit and I'm trying to quit. :)  Half the time people tell me I'm looking huge and half the time people say I don't look close to 9 months at all. I've decided the major discrepancy is due to the fact that my baby bulge is all in ONE PLACE. So since the rest of my body has stayed the same, my stomach does look gigantic, but I do feel really blessed that I have stayed a lot smaller that some ladies get. I guess it's just first-timer's luck. I suspect that next time around I'll be this large by 4 months.

I've had a pretty awesome pregnancy and feel really lucky. I hope that means that labor and delivery will follow the trend! This baby is due a week from today and in my mind that means any time now. I've had a lot of braxton-hicks contractions but nothing painful or really intense yet. Tomorrow is my doctor's appointment and hopefully we'll be able to see some progress! But for now, its just all a waiting game. I guess that means I have plenty of time to clean the house... right?

Wish me luck! We are so excited!

2 comments: