Friday, May 28, 2010

Running... out of things to do

MORNING: I wake up around 7:45 because Bret and I have gotten into a terrible habit of staying up late and sleeping in. I go running. 3 miles. I don't stop to walk. The weather is perfect in the mornings and our neighborhood makes me feel safe and happy. I secretly wish the occasional people I see watering their lawns or walking their dogs would stop and talk to me. I need some friends. I come home, eat, shower, read from the D&C (doesn't summer-time make you want to learn about the Mormon Pioneers?), and drive Bret to school.

AFTERNOON: My mood is a perpetual rollercoaster: determined, bored, excited to be out of the apartment, tired of running futile errands, discouraged, excited, motivated, lazy, hungry, indecisive... it just jumps around constantly. I do basically 5 things: search for and apply for jobs; search for lamp-shades that are cheap and fit our unique lamps; eat lunch... and snacks; beautify our home (or attempt) by hanging pictures, sewing pillowcases and trying other crafty projects; computerizing... I guess this usually begins as a job search but turns into email, blog, facebook (I knew I shouldn't get it) and trying to clean files from my computer.

EVENING: Yay! My wonderful husband is home. Halleluiah! I love picking him up from school and having someone to talk to. He is such a good friend and is so considerate of the fact that this move is a little different for me than it is for him. We chat, check ESPN and HGTV (which he admitted is a really fun station to watch!) and eat a cookie. He studies while I make dinner. After dinner I always find some sort of project to get wrapped up in and he bounces back between the NBA Playoffs and anatomy. Eventually we realize how late it us, read scriptures and fall asleep... Bret on top of the covers, me underneath (I'm adjusting to the heat a little better than he is, I think).

This is our life here in little San Angelo, TX. In case this sounded negative, let me assure you that I'm so glad we're here and I know all the pieces will fall into place soon and I'll feel settled. I worry about not making any money (jobless) and not having any social life (friendless) but its made ok by the beautiful trees and sunshine, the birds who chirp outside our windows (really- there are tons of them), our great apartment, the "Christian Rock" radio station announcer (she makes me laugh but usually I like her thoughs) and the best husband in the world. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cami I wish I could be there with you! It sounds like you are in a good place and that it can only get better from here. I know you're right though, things will work out. Oh, and I'm trying not to be offended that you think you are friendless ;) Just cause I'm on the other side of the world...

    ReplyDelete