Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Eye Heart You

Today Ashley taught me an important lesson... good things come from saying "I love you." As I was feeding her she tapped her upper cheek, then her chest, then pointed her first finger knuckle at me. I smiled (not sure exactly what she was trying to communicate to me). She did it again... cheek, chest, point. I put on a funny face and said, "Ashley, do you love me?" She got this giant smile that I have learned to recongnize which says, "Yay... you got what I was saying!" and then she repeated the three actions one more time as if to confirm, "Yes. I love you."

How many people get to hear that each day... at work? I got a little tear in my eye and said, "Ashley, I love you too." A conversation opened up where we were able to discuss a lot of things including faith in God's plan for us, and why we are given trials... even ones as difficult as living in a handicapped body. I never expected to bear my testimony in a bathroom, but today I did just that... and all because someone chose to say "I love you."

I know that God loves Ashley and that He is mindful of her needs and wants, her dreams and desires. He doesn't make mistakes and she is exactly as He intended her to be. We are all His beloved children and He has an incredible master plan for each of us. I'm grateful that I could be reminded of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment