Sunday, August 28, 2011

1/8

Bret is 1/8 of the way through his clinical. We are 1/8 of the way through our long-distance relationship. I am 1/16 of the way through the semester. Woo! Woo! We can do it.

I hated not having him here this week. I am so bad at being alone. But I can't stop thinking how blessed we are that we can see each other every weekend. Having many milirary friends and others in our ward whose husbands are employed elsewhere while they try to sell their homes has made me remember that I shouldn't complain because our situation really isn't all that bad. But that doesn't mean it isn't challenging for us to be apart.

Bret came home around 9:00 on Friday night. We spend the whole weekend doing lots of nothing and loving every minute of it. We really just sat around and enjoyed being together. It felt like we were on vacation. Finally yesterday we decided we had spent a little too much time vegging inside but it was too hot to do anything outside so we had our first bowling adventure in San Angelo. The alley was alright - quite old and not without its quirks, but we had a great time. Then we made some dessert together. Today we relaxed some more and went to stake conference. It was a wonderful meeting and I was so glad we could be there together.

After a yummy dinner, we had to say goodbye again. It wasn't any easier the second week. BUT we are counting down the days until Friday when I get to go to San Antonio for a 3-day weekend with him. We're planning to go to the temple, treat the Liveseys to pizza and a movie, and find some other fun things to do together.

I guess that the saying "distance makes the heart grow fonder" must be true, because I'm realizing that no matter how wonderful, fun, successful, and exciting my life is, it simply can't live up to hanging out with my husband. Bret - thank you for the most fun weekend we've had in a long time. 5 more days, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment