Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I am a Learner

I teach seminary. I teach little girls to dance. I teach adults to dance (sort-of). I teach special needs students social/job/life skills. But I wanted to title today's post "I am a Learner" because no matter how long we teach something, we can always be learning how to do it better. Yesterday I did a lot of learning about teaching. I was observed teaching seminary by the area director (who happens to be one of our best friends in Texas), I was unknowingly observed teaching PreBallet by my director and by parents, I was obeserved teaching my 2 adult classes by the adults themselves (they can form their own opinions about what is and is not a good class), and I tried to observe myself teaching the special ed kids at Central.  You'd think that would be overwhelming and stressful. Many of those situations had potenial to result in stress or frustration. I am so happy that they all ended positively - not exactly because I was given gold stars on all accounts, but because I was able to accept what I leared with a positive attitude. I feel motivated, encouraged, determined to keep improving, and happy to be a teacher of so many different kinds of people.

When are you a learner? How do you make sure that you keep growing and improving?

No comments:

Post a Comment