Sunday, January 15, 2012

Joyful January

Last week I deemed this month "Joyful January" while singing "There is Sunshine in my Soul Today" at church....

Week 1: SUCCESS!

This has been such a joyful week. Monday was a super successful seminary lesson, Tuesday seminary was cancelled because of SNOW and I slept in way late, Wednesday I had a great modern dance class with the level 3s, Thursday the bishopric made the seminary kids breakfast (they lost a competition), Friday had a blast teaching the Bhangara to a bunch of 3rd graders, Saturday got to spend time sewing with a friend, Sunday I made new friends and had them over for dinner. And these are just some highlights. I love my new job. I love my schedule and the control I feel over my life. I love my seminary students. I love my dance students and my coworkers. And do you know what I really love the most... Bret. (Okay - sappy, I know, but really does the giddiness and joy of marriage wear off at some point? I keep waiting for it to happen, but almost three years later I am just as excited to spend each day with him!) Of course no list would be complete without the Savior whose love for me is the reason I am able to feel so much lasting joy.

So how about you? I want to know if your January is Joyful. If so, why? Let's hear the small and simple things that bring joy to your life! If not, you've got some work to do. Abraham Lincoln said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." If January hasn't been stellar so far, fix it! Can't wait to hear your joyful moments!

-Cami

PS - If you need something to give you a laugh, here are some pictures from Christmas vacation. These kids bring me lots of joy!
Derek, Carly, Teague, Me???, Kami

 Kami, Derek

Carly, Kami and Cami, Derek

1 comment: