Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeling Inspired

Yesterday was my last day of school... EVER. My final day of student teaching went out with a bang and for the first time in my college experience I have NO FINALS, so life is good! Bret and I will be moving to San Angelo, Texas in a month and I keep wondering what in the world I'm going to do for the next few weeks before the move. Well today my friend Lauren convinced me to start a blog. It would give me something to do and provide away for us to keep in touch when we move away. So right now I'm feeling inspired. We'll see how long it lasts.

The question is... what are you supposed to blog about? I should have been blogging during my student teaching because I would have had a whole bucket-load of entertaining stories to tell. It was a fantastic experience. As a fellow student teacher said, "It was everything I expected and nothing I expected." An oxymoron that truly fits. Well its too late to share all those stories, but I can share the funny story that is being created right before my eyes.

I am sitting on the couch doing one of the most entertaining things ever: watching Bret watch basketball. For those of you who think he is calm and quiet... come join me. Currently he's singing "Na na na na... Hey hey hey... Goodbye" to the Nuggets player going to sit on the bench. A few seconds ago he was giving Korriver (sp?) pointers on how to guard his opponent. Let me quote some of the ongoing narrative for you, "I can play defense better than that! Korriver... what are you DOING? Why am I watching this? Why am I watching this? I already knew we were going to loose. Korriever, you've GOT to do better than that. If someone's shooting the lights out you've gotta get in their FACE. This is so frustrating." Now he's got his hands up in the air, head thrown back, moaning about how many of our head players are out of the game. If you think watching the Jazz is entertaining I can assure you that it is not quite as entertaining as watching Bret watch the Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment