Monday, November 15, 2010

Old Fart, Curses and Countdowns

Last week my handsome husband turned 25. He insists that he is starting to feel old. I agree. Thanks to our wonderful parents and grandparents, he had some really nice gifts to open. I made him his third annual birthday scrapbook (with pictures and memories from our past year together) and got him a couple random suprises.

I also attempted to make him a delicious cake. For those of you who have experienced my past attempts at making lovely cakes, you know that they are usually less than successful. I have a cake curse. This cake was no exception. I made the cake from scratch... mmm, delicious. I made the chocolate frosting... mmm, delicious. BUT both the cake rounds had chunks that stuck to the bottom of the pan and when I tried to level the tops I made them more uneven. (I blame part of this on lack of a long enough knife, but still, it was pathetic.) I did do a much better job frosting it than normal (no crumbs getting carried along as I spread), but because so much cake was lost in trying to doctor the layers and I got so excited about the frosting success, there ended up being a SERIOUS disproportion of frosting:cake. Yes, even I feel there is too much frosting. It was a phenomenal mess that took me hours to ruin. SIGH.

I also seem to have a computer curse. I have no memory left on my hard drive... to the point where I can't even download a new cd. I have deleted tons of files and even programs. Doesn't really help for more than a few hours. I finally took my computer into OfficeDepot and after taking a look at it they convinced me to buy a $50 external hard drive. After spending many hours in frustration, I CANNOT get my computer to recognize the drive. So, I guess it is back to the computer store for me (or in the trash for the computer! Just kidding, its a great computer, it just needs to go to the doctor because my home remedies just aren't working!).

On a positive note, this week is a normal week, next week is Thanksgiving, the following week is my birthday, then it's final's week for Bret, Nutcracker week for me, and then.... GO HOME!!! I can't wait to see our families! I just want to cozy up in my living room, sit and chat with my mom, play games with the Wardles, watch movies on their comfy recliner couch with all the nieces and nephews, visit my girlfriends, see the St. George condo, remember what snow looks like, and enjoy family traditions galore. "Christmas is Coming, the goose is getting fat!"

1 comment:

  1. If you have a spare moment while you're in town, I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete