Friday, November 5, 2010

In Keeping with the Trend

Last week I read through every post I've put on this blog (just one of the many ways I have discovered to waste time). I noticed that there seems to be a trend: although my our lives and our weeks have ups and downs, it is always more fun to record the good things, the happy times, the little moments, the things I'm grateful for. I think its because writing down the good things simply makes me happy.

On Sunday, Bret and I spoke in sacrament meeting on Gratitude. Bret did such a great job. We also got to follow a new member who really did a fantastic job in sharing how the gospel has helped him be grateful for the blessings in his life. After church we had two families over for dinner - the Millers and the Jeppsons. We were so happy to have a full house with lots of fun adults and cute kids. It felt a little like home. We really miss our families and are so excited to spend time with them at Christmas, but we know this is exactly where we are supposed to be right now.

Heavenly Father has truly blessed us. As Bret and I have been thinking about the upcoming holidays (Bret's B-day, my B-day, Christmas) and trying to decide what gifts we'd like to get for each other, we realize that we have plenty and then some. Although a little extra cash always sounds nice, we have learned to LOVE this simple life and know that just spending time together is what makes us the happiest.

And so in keeping with tradition, let this post simply give this update: We are a HAPPY family.

No comments:

Post a Comment