Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fall-in-love February

This year Bret and I celebrated (well, are still celebrating) our second annual "Fall-in-Love February". We figured that Valentine's Day is often overrated... you want to go out and eat chocolates and be mushy, but it also feels like you're supposed to do all that. So last year I planned to do something for Bret each day of the month to show him that I loved him. Some things are dates, some are notes, some are stupid sayings that match the dinner we are going to eat, but it is something fun that we hope will become a tradition in our home.



This is the calendar we use. Yes, it has 30 slots... there was no good configuration for 28 squares, plus we can use it for other countdowns too. 



Unfortunately, I tend to get a little unrealistic when I plan the month out. A lot of the activities we plan to do don't end up happening (like going for a drive or a walk always seems to conflict with Molly's nap and sometimes going to the gym becomes more important that that silly game we were going to play. Oh well... we figure we have a list of things we can make up for next month!


Last night Bret made me dinner as one of the kind things he has been doing for me. It was delicious and we were both stuffed by the time we were done. He also took me to see Brian Regan perform on UT (for those of you non-Texans, that's University of Texas, not the abbreviation for Utah) Campus. It was our first night out without Molly and (although I was a little paranoid that I didn't leave her with enough milk or that she'd cry the whole time) we had a blast.

It has been a great February and I feel blessed that we are so very much in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment