Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daily Bread... one crumb at a time

Last week was a shock to my system. I went from spending all day with family to spending hardly any time at home. I felt like I a million projects were piling up on me and I was going to get buried. Somehow I have reached the surface and I feel so much better! Planning, preparation, and pep-talks from Bret have made it happen, but I also really appreciated a little "tender mercy" that came as a surprise on Sunday. We got invited to watch the CES fireside at a friend's home (we didn't know there was one) and while staying home and relaxing was tempting, we decided to go. What a blessing! Elder Christofferson spoke about "Daily Bread"... doing the most important things each day and taking one day at a time... even one activity at a time if need be. He reminded us that looking too far ahead can be overwhelming and discouraging, but if we can make it through one task at a time, we can make it. It was just what I needed and I have felt so much more joy and peace so far this week. I am grateful for word of the prophets that help us in our daily lives. For anyone who is feeling a little overwhelmed, I suggest you look up his talk and remember to take your daily bread... even if it is one crumb at a time.

1 comment:

  1. It was so wonderful to see you over the break! I'm glad you watched the fireside- I actually thought of you as I watched it as well. You are doing such a wonderful job- keep smiling and keep praying.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete