Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Numbers

Yesterday's number: SEVENTEEN

Do I like the number seventeen? No. Like thirteen it is odd and ugly. However, yesterday it actually meant something good. I was feeling very overwhelmed and I decided the best way to calm down would be to spend some relaxing time with Bret. We cooked dinner together and watched "17 Again" which we both really like for some reason. It was over by 9:30 which still gave me time to do what I needed to do, but in a much happier state of being.

Today's number: FIVE

Even thought I calmed down last night, I think my brain refused to shut off. It subconsiously kept planning, organizing, and stressing over stupid things. I think I woke up at least once each hour. At 5:00 I got out of bed 15 minutes before my alarm and went to the gym. It was great. I planned an aerobics class that I'm teaching to some of the LakeView faculty and then took an awesome Body Pump class. I wasn't one bit tired. (Now that its noon, I'm starting to get sleepy-eyed.) I like starting the day early... but next time I'll try to get more thorough sleep the night before!

ps- I have a hunch that tomorrow will be number one... one more day until the weekend, one "one"derful modern dance class to teach, one project closer to sanity, one husband to hang out with.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie 17 Again. Carly watched it a few times and actually just got it for Christmas so we joke about watching "17 again" again and again... ahah

    ReplyDelete