Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Today Jack turns 10. Can you believe it?! I feel like every time I see him he looks so much taller. He is such a great little brother and since I can't be with him on his birthday I wanted to let him know some of the reasons I love him most...

1. Because he is a goof-ball. He loves being silly, and wouldn't we all agree that silly people make us happy?! Thanks for always putting a smile on my face, Jack. :)


2. Because he's not afraid to be himself. If he likes something, he likes it. If he doesn't, he doesn't. He doesn't worry about what others think. I hope you always stays that way, buddy. (ps - this is a pretty darn cute picture from a few years ago!)


3. Perhaps this is in line with #2, but I love that Jack is a triple-threat... he's sporty (mostly tennis right now), artsy (singing, dancing, acting, piano... if you know him you know he's always loved to perform, but if you were one of the few lucky people who witnessed Jack's Christmas Eve Catch-Phrase performance, you know he's destined for the spotlight!), and brainy (he's great in school). Jack - you're lucky to have so many interests and talents... keep them up!


4. Because he's friendly. Jack has lots of friends and treats them well. He's just a fun guy to be around.


5. Because he has a tender heart. One way Jack shows this is in his love for animals. He loves taking care of and playing with his pets. When one of them died recently I was so touched to see the effect it had on him. He wants to be a vet when he grows up. Jack - I hope you always stay so caring, not only for animals but for the people all around you.


6. Because when he answers the phone he will play along if I decide to talk in a funny voice or say something stupid. And because before he hangs up or hands off the phone he always says, "Okay, I love you too."


Jackson, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and know that your big sis sure loves you. I will give you a big birthday hug (and maybe a little birthday surprise!) when I come home next month for Lauren's wedding. I LOVE YOU!

-Cami

PS - Bret loves you and wishes you happy birthday, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment