Friday, March 25, 2011

Choreography

Does anyone want to finish choreographing my dance... please? I quit. My brian juices are dry. I need to go to a dance concert or take someone else's dance class for a little motivation. Maybe for now I'll just go to bed and pray that a perfect, complete dance comes to me in my dreams and that I miraculously remember it all when I wake up.............. but since there is a negative 10% chance of that happening, I guess I'll buckle down and go to work in the morning. And you know what else might help? Cookies. Cookies always help when you're trying to create something (a dance, a term-paper, a lesson plan). Yes. Cookies and a fresh start. But seriously, if anyone wants to make up my dance and then give me all the credit, please, shout out!

3 comments:

  1. What is the dance for? What style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The San Angelo Civic Ballet where I work is putting on a show called "Evening of Dance". Its actually really cool. Its is at an outdoor theatre next to the river. Dinner is served and then when it is dark the show starts. The second half of the show is the second act of Swan Lake. The first half includes my modern number, the director's male/female ballet piece, and two guest choreographers' numbers that will be set next week during a special workshop. I am really happy about the idea of my piece and I think I like how it is turning out, but sometime don't you just look at what you've done and think, "Is this incredible or is this crap? How do I know?" I'm also running into the challenge that although they are getting much better at modern, they are still learning to break out of ballerina mode so it is very different than setting a piece on you and Aaron who naturally pick up on nuances and can replicate anything I ask. Maybe when I feel a little more confident would you be willing to watch it (via online video or something) and give some feedback?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds wonderful, and I have no doubt it's incredible! I'd love to give you some feedback anytime :)

    ReplyDelete