Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Too Darn Hot

When Megan danced at Winner School they did a piece to a broadway song (I don't know what it was from) called "It's Too Darn Hot". I haven't heard the song since but I often sing whatever I remember of it during the summer. Today, (the second day of April mind you) I started singing it in my car as I drove with the windows down (my AC is broken) in 97* weather. "It's too too too darn hot!" Luckily our apartment is staying at a decent temperature. I only gave in and turned on the AC for about the last 10 minutes of the 2nd session of conference when I was struggling to stay awake.

On a happier note, the sunshine is beautiful and I love that people are outside swimming, running, and enjoying life. It sure is making me itchy for school to end!

General Conference today was wonderful. I found myself taking less notes but listening with more enthusiasm. I have so much love for the leaders of our church. Last night I had a long conversation with one of my closest friends here in San Angelo about life and religion. She is a devout Catholic and yet we were able to have a great talk about faith and trust in Christ. Sometimes we asked questions, sometimes we made contrasts, and often we made comparisons about what we believe and how we worship. I was so happy for the opportunity to share my testimony. Listening to the Bretheren today was the icing on the cake and I guess it made me feel so grateful to be a member of God's restored church on the earth. I love knowing that we have prophets who hold all the keys of the priesthood, who are witnesses of Jesus Christ to the whole world, who lead the organization of the church and who can receive direct guidance and revelation for the church in this day and age. I can't wait to listen again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I found your cute blog and when I read this I was laughing!!! Remember how I was in "It's Too Darn Hot"?? Wow. Good times. I can't wait to look at the rest of your blog and catch up on your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! I sing that song ALL the time and I always think of you... and when I think of Cats, or basically any middle school experience! I hope you are doing well. Occasionally I see your posts on facebook about the dance teaching you are doing. I'm so glad we are both still dancing! I'd love to catch up with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete