Thursday, April 19, 2012

FIVE, four, three, two, one...

Bret just came down with a cold. Poor guy is coughing all the time. Unfortunately I woke up with a sore throat but I'm optimistic that it will just disappear... no coughing or runny noses (wishful thinking?). And speaking of noses, ours detect a nasty, weird smell when we wake up each morning but we can't seem to pinpoint it. Yuck. But other than those two little downers, life is oh so good at the Wardle apartment.

We officially have just 5 weeks left in San Angelo before moving home for the summer. I think this is the most home-sick I have felt the whole time we've lived here. I am so thrilled to see our families for more than a couple weeks. We get to spend the whole summer with them! We will be living with my grandparents, right around the corner from my Aunt Suz (who is more like a big sister or friend) and her two cute kids. We will be within walking distance (a longish walk, but not bad) from my dad's office so I imagine stopping by to say hi or grab lunch every now and then. I won't have a car while Bret is at work, but I'm sure I will get quite good at calling my mom for a ride so we can hang out together. We are planning to spend lots of weekends in Idaho with the Wardles, one of which will be Wardle Olympics, which I have somehow managed to miss for the past 4 years, and another of those will be Zenna's wedding. It just sounds so nice to spend time with our family.

So 5 weeks left in San Angelo means....
* 5 more weeks teaching dance at the studio
* 4 more weeks of teaching Seminary
* 3 more weeks of teaching outreach classes Fort Concho Elem.
* 2 more weeks of teaching outreach classes at Santa Rita Elem.
* 1 more week of... April? (ok, no one week mile-marker)

This semester has been the BEST. I love my job. I really don't know anyone else with a job as fun as mine, or as satisfying. We have done such fun things together as a couple and with our friends here in San Angelo. We have had lots of happy things happen within our personal lives and the lives of our families. And yet, it is always fun to feel like you are finishing something and moving on to the next page. I just hope summer in Utah is as fantastic as I have made it out to be in my mind.

Hope you all have fun countdowns to an exciting summer as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment