Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Forever and Always my Friend

Today I feel grateful for Bret. He is my best friend and I can't imagine spending my life next to anyone else.  I loved getting to spend the weekend with him: shopping, snuggling, folding laundry, crawling on the floor with our baby, eating delicious breakfasts, sitting together at church... this is a good life. 

Bret knows that while I am loving our life in Georgetown I am missing my friends, my work, and our ward in San Angelo.  A lot.  I am constantly taking about how anxious I am to make friends.  (I even came home from a boring workout class yesterday saying I was going to go again on Thursday anyway because there was a girl my age that I might be able to meet. Pathetic.)  He is so sweet to me and doesn't make me feel silly for needing friendship and interaction. 

But this morning I was thinking, despite how much I look forward to making meaningful friendships with people in this area, I really have everything I need right here in my own home.

Picture from our honeymoon in 2009

This guy makes me laugh if things get tense. He is the perfect compliment to my personality. I love the excitement of planning our future together. I love that even though we are on the verge of major life decisions he is as "vanilla" as ever. He recognizes the little things I do throughout the day and thanks me for them. It makes me feel like being a homemaker and a mom is important. He doesn't complain about the difficulties he faces but listens to mine. He is Molly's personal trainer and my personal sounding board. I love spending time with him, whether we're out and about or just sitting on the couch watching Psych or Ray. He is my forever friend.


"You stand by me. You believe in me like nobody ever has.
When my world goes crazy you're right there to save me.
You make me see how much I have...

"I don't know where I'd be without you here with me.
Life with you makes perfect sense.
You're my best friend."

~ Tim McGraw





No comments:

Post a Comment