Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just Happy - 10 Reasons Why

#1 - Bret. I know 11 days isn't long, but I sure missed him and love having someone give me a hug first thing in the morning.

#2 - Visiting Teaching. I was scared. I had never met the sister we were going to teach. I knew she was just starting to come back to church and I was going to give the lesson. We ended up just chatting for about an hour and needed to let her go before we ever got to a lesson. She is a sweet woman and a wonderful mother. I really look forward to becoming friends!

#3 - Isner seems like a decent guy. I've been keeping tabs on Wimbledon, especially the "epic" battle mentioned in the previous post. Today John Isner (USA) won the match and I liked his attitude and answers in his after-interview. I just felt so sorry for his opponent Mus....? Can you imagine playing 138 games in one set and then loosing. But I was happy for Isner and both of them should be proud.

#4 - Dana. She was the dental assistant who really took me under her wing as I observed/work interviewed at Dr. Henson's dental office today. I love the office atmoshere: friendly, Christian radio station playing, exciting. I would really love to get the job. My only fear is that I know so little about teeth. It would be a lot to learn, but I am secretly aching to study and learn so it would be great, just some stress of wanting to be perfect from the get-go.

#5 - MapQuest. How did our parents live without it?

#6 - Ryan, Jess and AnnaBelle. I was hired to tutor AnnaBelle in math twice a week. (For those of you who know how much I hate math, rest assured that I am still pretty capable of 3rd grade material!) Her dad has been so generous and grateful... it has given me lots of confidence. AnnaBelle is shy but we're gonna be great pals. Her step-mom has the same running shoes that I just got so I like her too.

#7 - Frozen pizzas. For $2 you can enjoy a semi-delicious, totally fattening, partially filling meal that takes zero effort and only 10 minutes. Sweet.

#8 - People who ask for help. Natalie and Dan asked Bret and I to watch Matthew for the night... actually just be there while he was in bed. I'm so glad they know they can ask. I actually got to hang out with the little guy for a while when he woke up and wanted to read some more books.

#9 - Blogs. I love reading thoughts from my friends and family that remind me to be more adventurous, show love more often, look for hidden opportunities and take time to be grateful. Don't worry - I don't spend all day living vicariously through reading about others' lives, but I truly appreciate the thoughtful insights you share.

#10 - Bret. I love hearing him sing Jack Johnson and watching him study (while I continually try to distract him). I love getting a hug last thing before going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. You're cute! We are sad you won't be here for the Wardle Olympics, You're missing out!! I totally agree with the mapquest! We get lost WITH mapquest!! How could we get anywhere without it?!

    ReplyDelete