Sunday, June 27, 2010

They Ain't "Ghanas"!

Bret's quote of the day: "USA are gonners. England are gonners. But not Ghana... They ain't 'ghanas'!" Clever. (Incase you're confused, he's referring to the World Cup. Both England and USA were eliminated in this round. USA lost to Ghana, the only African team to advance to the quarter-finals.)

I'm happy to inform you that we ain't "ghanas" either. We both made it through an eventful Sunday.

Bret spoke in another ward with one of the High Council members. He refused to give me a pre-talk or a post-talk or tell me about the talk... but I'm absolutely confident he did a wonderful job and I can't wait until he gets called to speak again!

I made it through my first day as nursery leader. The kids were pretty good! I think the hardest part is getting them to calm down when they come in. If one kid starts crying for his mom then they all start crying! I'm going to brainstorm some ways to distract them when they come in.

Nope. Not "ghanas" and going strong. We have high hopes for this coming week... hopefully it will include a job for me and an A+++ for Bret's anatomy exam. Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

  1. find out what their favorite toy is or songs, i'm trying to think of what i did in preschool

    ReplyDelete