Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The End of an August

I just have a couple thoughts to share on this final day of August (which is really not significant, but pointing it out makes it sound more interesting).

First, today was a busy day. I left the house at 6:50am (20 minutes later than I intended) and got home around 8:45pm. School with no lunch break, straight to the studio to observe and then teach, directly to the theatre for a cast meeting, then to Institute. Whew! No real breaks! When I glanced at facebook my student Ashley's status said something about how tired school makes her. My first thought is, "I AGREE!" But after thinking about it more, I started remembering all the great things that happened today... Ashley and I laughing for 2 minutes straight, eating lunch with Ashley, my cute little dancers, etc... and realized that the day was long, but wonderful! Its like I told Ashley today, "Its hard to have a bad day when I'm around someone so fun." Well, I think sometimes we complain about our long days or our busy days when really they are wonderful... and since they are so wonderful we should be grateful that they are long... more good stuff! Does that make any sense? I've just been feeling very tired and very blessed simultaneously.

Second, Institute had some great messages, but my favorite was a simple thing that Brother Jeppson said right as class was ending: "I just love what He has done with this little life of mine." I wish we all had that attitude more often... one of gratitude and recognition that God is in control of our lives and He has made much more out of them than we could make on our own. "I just love what He has done with this little life on mine."



And finally, BRET AND I ARE GOING TO SAN ANTONIO THIS WEEKEND! If the other thoughts listed aren't enought to make me smile, this certainly does the trick! We're excited to see the Riverwalk and the Alamo, but mostly we can't wait to spend the day in the temple... its been far too long! If anyone has suggestions of wonderful INEXPENSIVE things to do there, let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment