Thursday, October 14, 2010

HoT sAuCe!

(and other random happenings)

Ashley has an admirer. His name is Hunter. He asked her out on the bus last week. She didn't have her dynavox so she couldn't really answer him, but when she told me about it she just said she felt so bad that she couldn't date him. I asked her why she couldn't. She so sweetly said, "He's special needs." This coming from my dear, special needs Ashley. I pointed to my head and asked, "This kind?" Yes. And he's a freshman. Two strikes.

Turns out Hunter is a little mentally challenged, but most of his difficulties are in his speech and communication. It can be difficult to understand what he's saying, and if he gets excited he'll repeat himself over and over. I have met Hunter twice. Both times he has asked me, "Is Ashley hot?" "Yes Hunter, Ashley is a pretty girl." "No, is she HOT? She IS hot. She's Hot Sauce!" Today he asked Ashley if she like him. She smiled and shook his hand. Then Hunter asked me, "Miss, does she like me? Does she like me? I like her. I like her a lot. A lot. She's hot. Tell her I like her. Tell her she's pretty and beautiful. Tell her I like her. Ok Miss? She is pretty and beautiful. Pretty AND beautiful. Will you tell her, Miss?".... on and on and on. Funny, but really sweet.

Then Ashley spent the next 10 minutes periodically saying, "I feel so bad. I just feel bad." Isn't it interesting to think of how those two cute kids have those same desires to date just like everyone else. They get nervous to talk to each other just like everyone else. They don't want to hurt someone's feelings, just like everyone else. Its times like this when I love my job.

Other random happenings today:
*I took a jazz class at the ballet studio and it felt so good to dance (in a class I wasn't teaching). I got really dizzy doing pirouettes and fuetes (sp?) - that was a weird sensation!
*I locked my keys in my car at Walmart - and the spare doesn't open doors, apparently it just starts the ignition (my mom called it a vallet key). The good news is that I learned how to call the insurance company and ask questions. Turned out they provided a locksmith totally free in 15 minutes. Woo Woo!
*My wonderful husband found out that it is National Dessert Day (I thought he was kidding but he googled it for proof!) and made pizookie for us to eat while we watched an episode of "the Office". Mmmm. What a sweetheart! He's "HoT sAuCe"!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you two are so cute! It was great to talk with you this week! I'm sorry about your keys- but I'm glad you got them out ok and for free. Call me next time you have a minute to chat! Love you.

    ReplyDelete