Monday, October 18, 2010

Just Plain Happy

Today I'm just plain happy. I am grateful to have 3 jobs I love, a church calling that is both challenging and fun, a husband who makes me laugh and lets me be silly, and lots of tender mercies that make me realize how wonderful life is.

School was great today. There is a particular girl at the high school who I have been praying for. She is the sweetest person I have met here, yet she has some huge challenges in her future... ones that will be rewarding if they work out right, but could cause a lot of trials as well. I have been trying to be a kind face that she knows she chat with when she need a friend and turn to when she needs an advocate. Today I had an opportunity to help her out, something really small but that made a big difference to her. A few minutes later she came up to me and asked what church it was I went to. (We had briefly talked once about how she and her boyfriend are looking for a church and I invited her to come to ours any time.) I wrote down the name, address, time, and my phone number and I really think she is going to come. I know Heavenly Father is watching out for her, and even if she doesn't come to church I'm so glad that I'm having an opportunity to be a mini-missionary, and even more importantly, a friend.

Now I'm off to collaborate with Elena, the director for Annie Get Your Gun. She has been so fabulous to work with and has made me feel more confident about my ability to choreograph for this show. Plus, she reminds me of dance professors at BYU: passionate about what they do, full of energy, willing to mentor. I love artists.

And finally, I can't wait to top of the night by baking yummy treats with my best pal Bret and delivering to some church friends for FHE. Not only does that sound great because I get to spend time with Bret, but I'm sure we'll consume our fair share of fat and sugar in the process, which sounds FANTASTIC right now. :)

Autumn is in the air, blessings are everywhere I look... I know I'm a cheese-ball but I just can't help but share my happiness. To anyone who reads: I wish you a very happy day, just because.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your post made me happy. Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete