Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tender Mercies

My last post (which was much too lengthy) was about the little moments that make us realize how blessed we are. Today I had some more tender mercies. Yesterday a lot of responsibilities/projects landed on my plate... things I was already planning on doing, but deadlines got bumped up and related work appeared. I didn't get as much sleep as I should have and was stressed about finishing the choreography I needed to teach at tonight's Annie Get Your Gun Rehearsal. I just prayed that I could feel calm and find a way to maximize my time to finish the choreography while at work. And...

Someone came to work on Ashley's dynavox for 40 minutes so I got to sit there while they worked and choreograph in my head.

Ashley had a GREAT, playful attitude today, even though she felt like poop.

Ashley decided to go home after lunch, and although I tried to assist other teachers, it gave me some down-time and think time that added to a calm, confident feeling.

MY DANCE CLASSES WERE WONDERFUL! My Tuesday classes are always easier than Wednesdays, but today I just enjoyed every minute with them and felt so lucky to work with these sweet children.

The musical rehearsal ended up going well. We didn't even get to the piece I was so worried about choreographing!

I'm grateful that God sends us tender mercies, whether they are packaged as a few extra minutes, a good laugh, or a three-year-old in tights. He knows us and blesses us in small but generous ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment