Sunday, July 10, 2011

Follow-up

Here is a follow-up to the previous post (most likely you'll see this one first... go read the other then come back).

1. The pooping tree is not a joke. It exists. The birds who live in the tree do most of the pooping but I am convinced that tree itself poops too. And the truth is that we hate driving the disgusting poop covered car so we will be getting it washed TOMORROW and will find a new place to park.

2. I bought the ugly sailor dress from Goodwill and turned it into a not-so-ugly sailor skirt. I know... it looks kind of like a flight attendant outfit. Whatever. I like it. But note to self... If you are going to sew something fitted with no pattern, think twice. I'll probably still tweak it some more.

3. Bret and I are on a major Harry Potter kick. We are watching all of the movies (no falling asleep allowed) in preparation for the final movie coming out next week. We are read for movie 5! I also found that Harry Potter Scene It game for a dollar at the thrift store and we're planning to throw a Harry Potter party with all of our nerdy wizard-loving friends.

4. The 4th of July was awesome! We kicked it off with the ward's flag-raising and pancake breakfast. The Livseys were in town over the weekend so they and the Jeppsons came to our apartment pool for a swim. That evening we had a rockin' awesome BBQ at the Jeppson's home with the Livseys and the Skidmores. The food was great, but the company was stellar. We felt like we had spent the evening with family. As we all sat out in the front yard pushing kids on the tire swing, racing across the yard, and chatting with adults, we felt so grateful for the people who make us feel at home here in Texas. We are proud to be American and to live such wonderful lives.

5. I couldn't work these into our little story but I told Suz I'd post them. I made these necklaces as inspired by the blog jaynsara.blogspot.com which is definitely worth checking out!

The colors don't show up great, but they look pretty fancy in real life. I'm really happy with them!

1 comment:

  1. The necklaces are bea-utiful Cam! And I wish so badly that I could have been included in your wizarding party we did nothing for the last movie cause we just moved and I'm oh so very sick :( But we did go see the movie at least!

    ReplyDelete