Sunday, July 24, 2011

More trains, planes and automobiles... this time in Idaho

Last Friday (over a week ago), Bret started his vacation home to Idaho to see his sister, Karina, get married.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go because I had already agreed to pick up a dance student from Chicago that weekend (see previous post). Bret drove 3hrs to Austin, left his car at a friend's house, and caught a plane to Utah. He spent a day with my family (those meanies even took him to see Harry Potter without me!) and then borrowed D-rew's car to drive to Burley. He has spent the past week with his wonderful family. They have gone boating on the Snake River, played many games, prepared food and decorations for Karina's reception and family dinner, driven to Rexburg for the wedding, and have had lots of fun visiting with all the siblings and Grandma & Grandpa Black.


I so wish I could be with them. I miss my Bret's family a lot. I don't know if they know how much I admire and look up to them. I love being the oldest in my family, but feel blessed that I inherited a handful older 'siblings' whose examples teach me how to be a better wife and a better future mother. The Wardles, especially Millie and Jay, have taught me so much about being grateful for what is good rather than dwelling on what isn't perfect, about enduring through challenges with faith, about loving and supporting your children even when they make mistakes, and about simplifying life so that family, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and quality time are always the priority.


** All these pictures are old, from random trips home, but they paint a perfect picture of what Bret is doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment