Saturday, July 2, 2011

Breakdown.

On Wednesday we picked up my car... WITH THE AIR CONDITIONING WORKING!!! Can I just say that AC is a fantastic thing. I love my car now!

But unfortunately, when things get fixed, other things like to get broken. So far this week, these things have decided to break down:

1. The Vacuum.

Luckily I got all but two square feet of the house vacuumed before it decided to die. It must be an electrical thing because I tried it in different plugs and it just wouldn't turn on. Sigh. Who wants to pay to fix a vacuum of all things?!

2. Bret's phone.

We went into the AT&T store to get info about renewing our cell phone plan. Their selection was limited, so we decided to go home and look online to see what free phones we could upgrade to and wouldn't you know... Bret's phone goes berserk later that evening. It is really slow to respond, the display screen is all warped, and it likes to turn off spontaneously. Luckily timing for this one is perfect since we qualify for new phones anyway.

3. Bret's car.

Last night we went out on a date. After getting some tasty Mexican food we were driving around trying to decide what to do next, when Bret suggested playing a little frisbee golf on the ASU campus. We pulled into a parking lot to see if we had frisbees in the car, realized we didn't have any, got back in the car, and discovered that it wouldn't start. It was making this weird clicking sound, but since the radio and everything else worked we weren't sure what the problem was. (It was about this time I realized I really needed to go to the bathroom.) Then Bret's phone turned off. (I had specifically asked before we left the house, "Do you think we should take my phone for anything?" and we both decided there was no reason to.) We walked around the deserted campus trying to see if anyone could help us. Nope. Bret's phone turned back on. We called a mechanic in our ward who thought it was either the battery or the alternator so a jump should get the car started. We didn't know who to bother for a jump on a Friday night. The Jeppsons were on a date and the Kings had just moved away and everyone else lives a little ways away from where we were, except a new family in the ward named the Caldwells. We didn't have their phone number so we walked the 10 minutes to their house. (I really had to go by this point!) Luckily they were home and willing to help. (They also had a bathroom, thank heavens!) The jump worked and we got home fine, but we tried starting the car again that night and it did the same thing, so I think we'll be dishing out some more moolah to the mechanics pretty soon.

4. My body.

Ok, not really, but I'll tell you what... Body Combat is NOT about pretending to beat up someone else... it is about beating yourself up! Luckily today I learned that loosening up is not only better form, but that it feels much better and works the right muscles. Loose the dancer stance = enjoy body combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment