Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dear TV,


This is what you taught me in the past week:

Waking up in bed with someone you don't know is great subject material for a dance. NOT!!! What are they thinking?! "So You Think You Can Dance" is a family show, or should be. Was the movement cool. Yes. Was it creative choreography? Yes. Sweet dance moves? Yes. Appropriate content? I vote ABSOLUTELY NOT. The female dancer didn't feel comfortable with the theme either. She said something like, "I've never woken up next to a guy... I sleep with my pillow-pets." And then the judges and everyone kept making these sexual jokes. Ugh. I am spitting mad about this one. Especially because it is so deceptive. Satan is a master of taking something evil and cloaking it in good... Good looking dancers. Good choreography. Good technique. Clever ideas. Crowd-pumping music.... you get it. What bothers me most is knowing my two sweet teenage sisters are watching this and I just hope they don't let all the "good" things and the judges "oohs and ahhs" trick them. That is wrong. We can't justify and say, "Well its just a dance." We are what we watch and support and do. The dances we do should represent who we are. That dance was wrong and NOT appropriate for public television.

On a lighter not, ESPN just taught me this: "Labor negotiations. Labor means work. Negotiation means negotiation." Thank you oh wise announcer for that enlightening little lesson.

1 comment: