Monday, June 27, 2011

Friends with the Fishes

This last week we have been making friends with some fishes... or turning some friends into fishes... or fishing around the swimming pool with some friends...

The Jeppsons are some of our favorite people here in Texas. We know a lot of great families here, but we feel like the Jeppsons have truly become dear friends. Neal is the Institute Director and we love going to his class each week. He has also been great about training me to teach seminary. Lori is one-of-a-kind. She's super sweet but not in a syrupy way. (Like that made any sense to anyone but me.) We both love dance (she's more of a hip-hopper), aerobics, cooking, and eating sweets. The biggest difference between us is that she has completely eliminated sweets from her life, but I am sitting her eating a bite of bananna cake with cream cheese frosting in between each sentence I type! (Hold on for a second, let me grab another one...)

The Jeppsons have three additional things weighing in their favor. We call them Meg, Kate, and Avery. They are possibly the cutest girls in Texas... maybe in the whole Southwestern United States. I think if I could only have 5 friends in Texas, Meg would still make the cut. She, Kate and Avery are my little buddies and I sincerely love playing with them.

These little girls are SWIMMERS. How convenient that we have a swimming pool at our apartment! Neal and the girls have come swimming with us twice in the past week and we hope they keep coming. It has been such a fun way to stay cool and do something with friends. It definitely beats laying by the side of the pool and jumping in every now and then. We love this family and feel so lucky to have them as our pals!

(I would post a picture of these cute little fishies... but I left a piece of our camera in Utah and I told my mother dearest not to send it back until she send the beautiful quilt she has been working so hard on for us. When that day comes I promise to take lots of pictures of the swimming-cuties AND of the quilt so my blog won't be so boring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment