Sunday, June 12, 2011

Highlights of Utah

I had so much fun being home with my family for a week! Some of the most fun things included:

* Eating dinner, just me and Drew. I made dinner for the whole family while my mom and dad were in Logan for the night and one by one the kids called saying they were eating somewhere else, so Drew and I ate together. He was so nice to sit and chat with me and tell me my food was delicious (even though it wasn't).

* Driving my dad's car around. It didn't matter if I was picking someone up from school or running errands or what... it was so fun to drive my dad's car, which is a little more sleek than my "blue rumbler".

* Going to lunch with my Grandma and Meg. I love chatting with my grandma and since Megan wasn't around for much of the week it was a perfect time to talk to them both.

* Dinner at my Grandma and Grandpa Wood's with the extended family. Nothing is more like home than having the family gathered for Sunday dinner at Grandma's. This occasion was a little different since we were celebrating my Grandma's birthday so she wasn't allowed to do any cooking. We had pizza and cake and my mom and her siblings all took turns sharing funny stories about my Grandma. We love her and I hope she knows how much she has influenced the lives of her grandchildren.

* Playing tennis with my mom. She has been taking a lesson once a week with some ladies in our ward. So she got me to come take a lesson with her (we were sad Megs couldn't come, too) and although I secretly dreaded it we ended up having tons of fun. I'm pretty bad at anything that involves a ball, but I appreciated having someone coach me!

* Seeing "17 Miracles" with my parents and Jackson. If you live in Utah, I totally recommend going to see it. If you don't live in Utah, look for it to come out on video. Its a church movie but not an official one (like not put out by the church). It was a very well-done way of sharing the experience of the Willey Handcart Company. I can't wait to get it on DVD and watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment