Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wardle Family Updates

So we have a solid answer... Bret will be doing his first clinical rotation in SAN ANTONIO this fall for two months. We are so happy about that. It was actually his first choice, but it was a very complicated and frustrating process that we had to go through to finally end up there. Bret will be gone for two months while I stay here to work, but since San Antonio is only 3 hrs away we will be able to see each other most weekends. I'm dreading our time apart, but I will do my best not to complain. (I think of all my friends whose husbands serve in the military and have to deal with deployments and realize I can't complain.) We are so happy that he will be so close.

As for now, Bret just finished his summer session of school and gets a two month break! He is doing great work and putting in lots of hours at his Graduate Assistant position (mostly helping the first years in their anatomy/dissection class). He's looking for another summer job, as am I, but we're loving all this free time and time together!

And for my news... I was released from my calling as nursery leader today (I can't believe its been a year!) and set apart as the new seminary teacher. I feel very humbled by the idea of being responsible for the spiritual growth of these youth in San Angelo, but I have faith that the Lord knows exactly what He is doing. If I stay in tune with the Holy Ghost and try to prepare and teach by the Spirit I can't mess up too badly. I'm apprehensive about the time constraints this will impose... I'll teach at 6 am each morning, go to my full-time job at the high school, and then spend a few hours teaching at the ballet. It will require lots of prep time, too, but I have a feeling that there will be a way to accomplish it all and that I'll learn to rely more on Bret and on the Lord. Although I'm a little nervous, I can't wait to begin learning.

And if, by chance, you are interested in our physical well-being, we are pleased to announce that we will enjoy THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS of weather in the upper 90's rather than our three-week streak of mid/upper 100's. The pool, air-conditioning, and lemonade have become our new favorite things in life.

1 comment:

  1. Cami that's so fun that you get to be a seminary teacher! I think that would be a really cool calling! I totally understand the feeling of pressure...that's a really big time in life for most kids but you'll do great! I'd feel lucky to have you as my seminary teacher Cam ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete