Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Peace.

I just feel the need to express thanks for the sweet peace that always seems to come after moments of turbulence. This week has been so happy. I have felt confident, capable, and able to manage my time and my thoughts. In seminary this week I taught a lesson on "growing pains" using the story of Moses' mission call (Exodus 2-5ish) and some thoughts I expressed in a previous post. We identified the fears/concerns/pains that Moses expressed and the comforts/blessings the Lord provided. Near the end of the lesson I asked the students what comforts/blessings the Lord has provided when they are experiencing their own growing pains. One students said that comfort has come in the form of friends and family. So has mine. Parents, grandparents, friends, and Bret have been incredible motivators and comforters.
Another student said they have recieved comfort from the scriptures. Me too.
And a student who I know has had some pretty big trials in years past shared that comfort has come in moments of relief... a day of peace and freedom from worry. I hadn't really thought about how those do come from the Lord to give us the strength to keep pushing through difficult times.
Im grateful for the growing pains that are helping me come to know and love my Savior and I'm so grateful that He has given me a week of relief. Really fun relief.

What has the Lord done to help you through YOUR growing pains lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment