Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Limericks

Today they started a unit on poetry in English. You'd think she had asked them to kiss a dead fish by how much they complained. And it wasn't even serious poetry they were working on! They aren't going to read a single poem by a notable author. In fact, the only poems they will read in this entire poetry unit are the six tacky ones written on the board. And are they complicated, beautiful styles of poetry like sonnets and ballads? No. This is what their poetry unit consists of: writing and decorating 6 poems (did I mention they are not READING any poetry?!): an acrostic poem, a cinquian, a diamonde, a haiku, a limerick, and a shape poem. So while everyone was whining I wrote the following...

9:30 at Lake View High
And already I want to cry!
This job is so dull,
Its draining my skull...
Can't wait to kiss this place goodbye!

Stay tuned for more THRILLING poetry from the mind of Cami Wardle.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha I always knew you were good at poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when you told me I would grow up to be a writer... YOU WERE WRONG! You're the only one who sees a writer in me, but thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete