Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mocking High School

Update:
Right before first period I checked out the third book, "Mockingjay." When 7th period ended I had read 115 pages. Shows you just how much was going on in Ashley's classes today... or should I say how much was NOT going on. I'll note that I usually have an hour to read at her job site and didn't today since she was working on a project where she needed some physical help, so all this reading was done during regular hours. I know that our schedule has been thrown this week because of the weather (school canceled Tuesday, late start Wednesday) and a funeral for a former student today so I can understand a lot of teachers having to adapt, but the thing is, its really not much different from what we do on a regular basis. At this rate I'd say I'm going to be frequenting the library quite often so I need to build up a good list of books. Any suggestions? Top on my list already:
* "Tuesdays with Morrie"
* the book following "Remembering Jacob, the Wise and Joyful Potter of Niederbipp"

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Hunger Games series. I also loved "These is my Words" and "The Help".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree to 'The Help' really really good! I honestly didn't put it down until I finished! Have you read the Alchemist? That's in the same genre as Tuesday's with Morrie and Last Lecture. They are good inspiring books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked Hunger Games!

    If you want inspiring (yet heart wrenching) books I've got some favorites...
    Kite Runner
    A Thousand Splendid Suns
    Left to Tell (about a survivor of the Rwandan Genocide and how she found faith in God and was able to forgive--awesome!)
    The Alchemist

    I'm jealous that you have time to read! The only thing I'll be reading for the next few months are scriptures and chemistry... delightful :)

    ReplyDelete