Sunday, February 27, 2011

There's no business like show business




Last week I got to see "Annie Get Your Gun," the youth production at the Angelo Civic Theatre that I got to choreograph, for the first time. This weekend I saw it three more times. I am left asking my typical post-musical question... "Why didn't I ever get involved with musical theatre?

Someday I'd love to be brave and talented enough to play a part in a musical. Wishful thinking, right? But a girl can always hope.

I am so proud of the kids in this show. I got to spend a lot of time with them between September and January and I know that not only are they incredibly talented, but they are good kids. I hope they continue to reach for their dreams while staying grounded in goodness. Congratulations to them on a fantastic performance.

"There's no people like show people, they smile when they are low. Yesterday they told you you would not go far. That night you opened, and there you are. Next day on your dressing room they've hung a star! Let's go on with the show!"

No comments:

Post a Comment