Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday

I'm not typically an anti-Monday person. In fact, I usually like Mondays. I liked this Monday too, but it sure was a... well, a Monday! Let me share...

5:45 am - Cycling class. Hard but rewarding. It justified eating a cinnamon roll on the way to work!

7:35 am - Ambushed by another teacher as I walk into school - she tells me Ashley's dynavox is locked and has me watch her empty her email inbox for 3 minutes so she can send me an email about it. I finally tell her I'm going to go turn my computer on so I can recieve her email. (Why didn't she just tell me about it?!)

1st period - Spent most of the class period in my office trying to call the dynavox company. Turns out they and are closed for President's day (lucky!).

2nd period - HIGHLIGHT of the day! A student named Maria who graduated in December brought in her little baby boy. I care a lot about this student so it was fun to see her and see that she's doing her best to be a great mom - even at the age of 18.

3rd period - Watched Spongebob and checked emails. They were administering a test to Sophomores and Juniors - the Seniors got to hang out for the period.

4th and 5th... and then some - Sat in a comfy chair in the lobby at PaulAnn Baptist Church (Ashley's current job site) while she worked. Had a great chat with my grandma and enjoyed the quiet. THEN waited an HOUR (no exaggeration) for the bus to pick us up.

Lunch - Forgot it. Someone noticed and gave me their apple. Very kind!

6th - Walked out of an R rated movie. Never had to that before... anywhere. Didn't expect it to be at school. I've had a lot of frustrations with the inappropriate things this teacher is doing in class and need to start speaking up about it.

7th - Guest speaker from a doctors office. Feel inspired me to wash my hands more often, but not willing to adopt her germ-a-phobia.

Summary of the school day: besides changing and feeding, Ashley only needed me for about 10 minutes of class time. I love getting paid to do this, but sometimes I wonder, "Why do they pay me to do this?!" Some days require more than others... emphasis on some.

After school - 50 minutes of leading the faculty in an intense cardio workout (got so sweaty I could wring out my hair!). An hour of grocery shopping (still sweaty and smelly). Unloaded groceries and immediately went to play tennis with Bret for Family Home Evening (got more sweaty, but we had lots of fun!). Finally clean, eating dinner, and relaxing.

All in all, a very interesting Monday.

1 comment:

  1. oh man! Why did you have the day off school?? Do they not celebrate the US Presidents in Texas? What time is 4th and 5th period? I want to take you up on the offer to chat during that time sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete