Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fall-in-Love February PICTURE POST

So Fall-in-Love February has been GREAT! I highly recommend it! I also recommend being more organized than me. I made this advent calendar with the idea that every morning Bret could pull out a note hinting at what the activity or surprise was for that day. Well half of the days he hasn't gotten a note until after the fact, or yesterday, I left a note in but forgot to actually do what the note said (it told him to look for a surprise on his pillow that I never put there - oops). But either way, it has been fun and has led to a lot more meaningful activities together. Here are pictures from some of the things we've done.

Advent Calendar (I know there are not 30 days in February, by the way)
On the first day I made bret pink heart-shaped pancakes. Mmmm....

Dessert Party!

Aren't these little cards cute? That was a 99 cent Michael's stamp!



The slips of paper had things I love about him.
We had $10 for dinner and a date. We decided to buy a cheap pizza and then go to the mall with the leftovers, split up for 15 minutes, and buy each other  whatever gift we could find for $3. (Not easy, especially for guys - can't get a cheap pair of earrings of anything like that.) We had a lot of fun!

The $3 goods - an ice-cream scoop for me and pj's for Bret.

Bret scored free tickets to the children's performance of Dr. Doolittle.  The best part was this little girl in our ward and a tiny boy played the roll of a funny king jungle king and queen who argue over how to prepare Dr. Doolittle and his sidekicks for dinner.

Bret and Neal made a delicious dinner for Lori and I.  They set up a canopy inside, had candles, flowers, and fancy glasses, and Meg and Kate were our waitresses. So fun and thoughtful!

Bret and I didn't see each other until really late on Tuesday (Valentine's Day) but when I came home at lunch these were waiting for me. I know flowers don't last forever, but they sure make me happy. Didn't he do a good job!

This was intended to be a lot more fun than it was, but we were both tired and had things to get done so we ate homemade mac'n'cheese for dinner and watched a cheesy movie while we worked on stuff.

I made this heart garland which I thought turned out very cute EXCEPT that the hearts won't stay right side up no matter what!  I hung it through his car while he was in class (and then we put it up in our home later).

Lori and I took Bret and Neal to this FREE and FABULOUS event the ballet put on.  An awesome sultry jazz singer from Austin (Lex Land is her name) performed while we snacked on chocolate dipped strawberries and other "delicacies." We had a blast just sitting and chatting and listening. Then we went out for some dessert.

1 comment:

  1. These ideas are SO sweet! I love how much effort you make to keep "dating." I'm going think of something sweet for Jake to come home to tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete