Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fall-in-Love February

As you know, I declared last month to be "Joyful January". It was great. A lot of days I would stop myself and say, "Why don't you feel happy right now? Has anything bad happened today?" And usually the answer was no, so I would remind myself of all the reasons I had to be joyful. It was just fun to feel like my little efforts to recognize joyful moments had such a big impact on my overall state of happiness.

Well Joyful January is over, but I don't think the joy stops here. Fall-in-Love February has begun, and Bret and I are going all-out! We have planned some fun surprise dates for each other and I made a silly (but really cute) advent calendar that has a nice note or a hint at what he should expect each day. For example, today's was, "Fall-in-Love February has officially started. On Feburary 1st, expect to be 'hearted'." I made him pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast after seminary. :)

(A picture from one of our first dates... the first time he met my family at Grandpa Richard's birthday party. We look super young!)

I know this idea sounds so nerdy, but I invite ya'll to join me! Even if its not a daily thing, why not make the entire month of February dedicated to doing small and simple acts of kindness for those you love, especially your spouse. Sometimes we take the people we love most for granted, and I am so excited for a fun reason NOT to do that. I can't wait for all the memories we'll make together this month. If you have any great ideas for ways to show your appreciation for your spouse/family/friends, please share!

Hope your February is full of love!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post Cami! Have you heard of the "Love Languages" book? Well, Tij feels loved when you serve him, and that's something that I have been working on because I'm more of a hugs & kisses kind of girl ;) And since February is Valentine's Day and Tij's birthday, I think Fall-in-Love February is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete