Thursday, February 16, 2012

FINALLY!

Today Seminary FINALLY worked the way I wanted it to.

Fun? Check.
Students participated? Check.
Felt the Spirit present? Check.
Excited for tomorrow? Check.

It has been a really long time (at least it feels really long) since I could honestly check all those off, especially the last one. I am counting this as a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father who knew how discouraged I was feeling and wanted to remind me not to give up.

The lesson today was based on the story of Nehemiah (emphasis on ch. 6) and a talk by President Uchtdorf from April 2009 General Conference called "We are Doing a Great Work and Cannot Come Down." This successful lesson reminded me that the Lord called me to do a great work this year by teaching seminary and despite the distractions that Satan uses to try and make me quit trying (discouragement being his favorite one) I cannot come down at his call. "I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down" (Nehemiah 6:3).

Whatever your Great Work is... strengthening your home, marriage, testimony, etc... I hope that you won't get distracted by the insignificant and loose sight of the tremendous good you are striving for. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment