Friday, May 27, 2011

the Bench.

I know its probably breaking some fundamental law of blogging to post twice in one day. Oops.

I have wanted to post pictures of my latest projects for a while, but haven't taken the time to load them on the computer. Last night I realized that some of the pictures were already on and it motivated my to pull out the camera and finish the job.

The TUTUS.

Above is is our friends' daughter, Andyn, who tested out one of the finished tutus. She had a blast playing with it! But perhaps not as much fun as one of my goofy dancers, featured below. They begged to do a "costume choreography" game for the last day of class. She found my other tutu...


The BENCH.

A nice friend in our ward is incredibly talented at DIY stuff (see all the furniture in the background?!). She taught me how to use her power tools and helped me not to do anything stupid. I appreciate the time she spent helping me!
Bret and I painted the first layer onto the bench at eleven at night out on our porch. Tight space, hard cement, limited lighting, great time. It left our apartment smelling nice and toxic!
Goodbye blankets! See you next winter!
I like how it looks in our little dining room. Now I need to sew a cushion for it!

COSTUMES.

This is what the trio dresses look like. The girl in the picture wasn't in the piece and it doesn't fit her quite right, but you get the gist.
This is the top for the soloist. It did not turn out even remotely like I had planned but I really like it! Isn't it great fabric? The trio had hair flowers made out of it and the duet wore light purple leos and black leggings with a scarf of this fabric around their waist. (Front above, back below.)

The RECIPES.

One of our most frequently made meals now is the Becker family's lasagna. I'm always guessing at the recipe since he never gave me a specific one, but we love it!

The CARDS.

I spent the last two days of school sitting at my dest making cards. On the ones above I wrote a little note about why admire each of my modern dance students. I love them!
Upcoming projects...
Build an accommodated desk for Ashley as a graduation gift. Sew hot-pad travel totes (you'll see). Sew a bench cover. Find old chairs and a side table and refinish OR build chairs/table for patio. Make a family set of Christmas stockings.

Sometime in my life projects...
Build a bed (headboard, footboard, frame and all). Learn how to use a nice camera. Become a dancing hula-hoop magician (look here http://www.random-good-stuff.com/ for clarification). Pole vault.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! You're been making FURNITURE!?!? It looks awesome! And I absolutely love your cards- thanks for more ideas, I was running out of them :) You just do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laur! I've only made one piece of furniture and want to make more but its kind of hard without tools... or a garage... or a yard! And friend, YOUR cards are what give me inspiration. I still have tons of Mary Englebreight (sp?) calendar cut-outs saved, but I need you to teach me how to spice them up. I hope I will keep getting M.E. cards from you until we are old and gray! They have special meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cam I love the bench!!! It's so cute! I have these dreams about refinishing furniture that I never quite have the guts to live out...maybe now that you've inspired me... :) Also love the dance costumes! Very smart to just sew them yourself

    ReplyDelete