Sunday, May 22, 2011

Car-Soup

For about as long as I can remember I have called my sister Carly "Car-Soup." I'm not exactly sure how this came about. I think its because we all called her Carly-Sue and somehow that got linked with the add for carsoup.com and BAM, she had a new nickname. Only I can call her that.

Carly is a special sister to me. We have a lot in common. She loves to dance and loves to craft. We often find each other in the craft room doing random projects. It seems like whenever I have a cool idea of how to make something she goes and makes it 10 times neater. Carly is very patient and sensitive and sometimes I think that I should be taking lessons from her on how to be a good friend. She is the sweetheart of our family.

Carly is also a spiritual giant. When I go home to visit I sometimes go into her room to say goodnight and without fail I find her reading her scriptures. Sometimes I say, "How are ya Car-Soup?" and she'll say, "I'm really tired." "Well why don't you go to sleep now?" And she replies sincerely, "I need to read a few more pages. I'm trying to read a couple chapters each night." (Or something like that.) I have always struggled to be totally consistent (and awake) for scripture study and Carly is a huge example to me. The picture above is from last summer when Abby, Carly and I went to do baptisms together. It was one of Carly's first times and it was very special for me to be there with her.

Happy 13th birthday Carly. I think you are wonderful and I want you to know that I love you very much. I can't wait to give you a big birthday hug in a week and 3 days!

(I still haven't transferred a lot of my pictures to this computer, so here's a random one I found. This is from the first time Bret came to our house - it was for my grandpa Richards' birthday party. Carly is 10 in this picture. But if you can take your eyes off of pretty Car-Soup and look at Jackson... well there's a fun picture! It looks like we have a monkey brother!)

No comments:

Post a Comment