Friday, September 16, 2011

Satan's Candy Coating

Ever bitten into a caramel-covered onion? Daniel Dixon and Andrea Rodriguez would suggest you don't! Ever. Not even one bite. (Unfortunately, even the multiple sticks of gum I gave them won't get rid of the flavor and smell for quite a while.)

Just like the candy-coating on a caramel onion completely masks the potent vegetable underneath, its sometimes hard to see past Satan's candy coatings. He likes to make bad things look so darn good. By good I mean appealing, but sometimes even wholesome and right.

An onion is an onion. Don't let Satan trick you into taking a bite, no matter how enticing the outside looks.

(PS - I LOVE TEACHING SEMINARY.)

2 comments:

  1. CAMI! Now that is an impressive Parable! All of that practice of coming up with them in high school is paying off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm going to use that analogy! I love it! I was telling Dan the other day that I bet you're an amazing seminary teacher! Knew it was true ;)

    ReplyDelete